Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The rainy season has arrived


It appears that unlike Melbourne, Costa Rica is not in a drought. The raining season started a few weeks ago, and was definitely welcomed by me. The lead up to it wasn’t really great as everyone got sick, apparently due to the changes in humidity.
I’m normally in a basement office with no windows when the rain comes, so I don’t notice. This Sunday however, I was home with not much else to do. So I watched the rain and took lots of photos. I love it when it rains. The light changes just before, and everything smells and looks so much better afterwards.

I’d heard people say that in the tropics it always rains at the same time, so much so that you can set your watch by when the rain starts. I thought that would be really cool, but unless you want to be late by an hour every now again (which most Hispanics wouldn’t mind), it’s probably not the best idea.

3 comments:

  1. what are you trying to say about my people and being late!? Broma. It's all pura vida to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice...so long as rain ain't flood.

    Are you trying to suggest Hispanics love being an hour late?
    gee, I'd fit in well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't say they love, they just do it, without even noticing! Though the buses do seem to run on time.

    ReplyDelete